• Login
Saturday, August 22, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home International

Two injured in stabbing attack at Edmonton Sikh temple

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
August 21, 2026
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


A man has been arrested after two people were injured in an early morning stabbing attack at a Sikh temple in Edmonton, Canada, police said.

Officials said the attack inside the sprawling Nanaksar Gurdwara unfolded around 05:00 local time (12:00 BST) on Friday morning. Police did not identify the suspect, nor did they specify a motive.

The attack comes after police confirmed last week that they were investigating threatening calls made to two Sikh gurdwaras in Calgary, two hours south of where Friday’s attack took place.

The World Sikh Organization, based in Canada, has said the attack is deeply troubling and has occurred against the backdrop of rising anti-Sikh hate across the country.

The Sikh organisation described the alleged perpetrator as an “intruder” who entered the Gurdwara and attacked individuals inside.

They added that a copy of the Sikh scripture inside the temple was also reportedly desecrated.

“Police are currently on scene and the Gurdwara has been closed to the public while the investigation continues,” the World Sikh Organization said in its statement.

Calgary’s mayor Jeromy Farkas condemned the threats made in his city in a social media post, calling them “utterly disgusting”.

“Gurdwaras are places of hospitality, generosity and service. Everyone is welcome,” Farkas said.

Read More

Previous Post

Texans Sign 2 Veteran WRs Following Jayden Higgins’ Season-Ending Injury

Next Post

Trump administration starts process to transfer $725 million to UN

Next Post

Trump administration starts process to transfer $725 million to UN

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin