• Login
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home Europe

French presidential candidate Philippe faces embezzlement probe – POLITICO

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
May 19, 2026
in Europe
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
French presidential candidate Philippe faces embezzlement probe – POLITICO
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


He “takes note” of the opening of the inquiry against him, said the official for Le Havre regional authority, who was granted anonymity in line with protocol rules. “He will, of course, answer all the questions that the [magistrates] will ask him in a very serene fashion, as he always has done,” said the official.

An AFP news wire states that the investigation was triggered by a whistleblower who reported the alleged misconduct in September 2023.

The alleged conflict of interest concerns a public contract worth over €2 million that Le Havre’s regional authority signed with a charity called LH French Tech in July 2020. LH French Tech was run by local councilor Stéphanie de Bazelaire.

The inquiry comes at a sensitive moment for Philippe. Earlier this month, he launched his campaign for next year’s presidential election, putting an end to speculation over when the former prime minister would make his move for the Elysée.

Early polling suggests Philippe is one of the best-placed candidates to beat far-right leaders Jordan Bardella and Marine Le Pen, the current favorites.



Read More

Previous Post

Governance cloud dogs Tata stocks; ₹10 lakh crore lost since September 2024

Next Post

Another person charged in Crans-Montana fire case

Next Post
Another person charged in Crans-Montana fire case

Another person charged in Crans-Montana fire case

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin