Six people have been killed and four injured in Ukrainian missile strikes on Russia’s Belgorod region overnight, its acting governor has said.
A 14-year-old child was among those injured, Alexander Shuvaev wrote on Telegram on Monday.
The strikes come a night after what Russian officials called the “largest-scale” attack launched by Ukraine this year, in which at least seven people were killed.
Russian attacks on Ukraine also killed at least seven people and injured more than 39 on Saturday night.
Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, and currently controls approximately a fifth of Ukrainian territory.
The latest Ukrainian strikes burned a building and damaged a car in the village of Koloskovo in the Valuysky district, which is close to Russia’s border with Ukraine, Shuvaev said.
The injured child was sent to hospital while two others received medical assistance, he added.
Kyiv has stepped up drone strikes deep inside Russia during the past few weeks.
On Saturday night, Ukraine fired some 822 drones towards Russia, with 600 aiming for Moscow, according to its regional governor, who said the Russian capital suffered “one of the most massive drone attacks in recent memory”.
During the strikes on Saturday night, five people died in Russia’s south-western region of Rostov, its governor said. A woman was killed in an attack on a civilian bus in Belgorod, officials said, while an 83-year-old man died in a drone attack in the Moscow region.
A warehouse belonging to Russian online retailer Wildberries was also hit.
Since July, Ukraine has repeatedly targeted the company, known as Russia’s version of Amazon. Ukraine’s defence ministry said the latest attack meant that seven out of 10 of the largest Wildberries logistics centres had been “disabled”.

