• Login
Monday, February 16, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home International

Man arrested after viral video of alleged attempted rape on Paris train

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
October 25, 2025
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Man arrested after viral video of alleged attempted rape on Paris train
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


A suspect has been arrested after footage which appears to capture the alleged attempted rape of a woman on a train near Paris went viral, local media say.

Jhordana Dias, a 26-year-old Brazilian national, was allegedly attacked earlier this month. She told Le Parisien newspaper that the man boarded the train, pushed her and attempted to pull down her underwear.

Alerted by her screams, another passenger pulled out her phone to film. The footage captures a man fleeing as the train pulls into a station.

The incident has revived discussions around women’s safety in France.

According to French media, a man was arrested on Friday evening by transport police in Mantes-la-Jolie, north-west of Paris. He was traced there by investigators, but it is unclear how.

He was not carrying identity documentation at the time of his arrest, but told police he was a 26-year-old Egyptian national, media reports say. He remains in custody.

The alleged incident took place on 15 October between the Choisy-le-Roi and Villeneuve-le-Roi train stations, south-east of Paris.

The video shows shows a man dressed in a black tracksuit and cap onboard a carriage.

Over the sound of a woman’s cries, the woman filming can be hearing saying “you stay there” as the man appears to begin approaching her.

The train then pulls into a station, and the man disembarks and flees down the platform.

The woman who filmed the incident, named in French media only as Marguerite, has since been widely credited as having saved Ms Dias from a more serious attack.

Ms Dias, who does not speak French, reportedly filed a complaint with police in Choisy-le-Roi with the help of her brother, who translated her testimony.

The footage has been widely circulated on news outlets and social media. prompting many women to share their own experiences of harassment on public transport in France.

Two other women have since told Le Parisian that they had been victims of the same man.

Read More

Previous Post

2025 NFL, College Football Odds: Best Bets for Texas A&M-LSU, Bears-Ravens

Next Post

Ex-LIC Chairman Slams Washington Post For Allegations Over Investment In Adani Group

Next Post
Ex-LIC Chairman Slams Washington Post For Allegations Over Investment In Adani Group

Ex-LIC Chairman Slams Washington Post For Allegations Over Investment In Adani Group

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin