• Login
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home International

Hamas says female hostage killed in northern Gaza

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
November 23, 2024
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Hamas says female hostage killed in northern Gaza
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Hamas says a female hostage has been killed during Israeli operations in northern Gaza.

The woman’s identity was not revealed, and it was unclear how or when she is said to have died.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it was currently unable to “verify or refute” the claim, but that its representatives are in contact with the woman’s family.

“This evening the terrorist organization Hamas released a document in which a kidnapped woman is allegedly seen killed,” the IDF said in a statement. “We are checking the information and at this stage we are unable to verify or refute it.”

Hamas claimed that communication with the woman’s captors had recently been restored after several weeks, leading to the discovery of her death.

Abu Ubeida, spokesman for Hamas’s military wing, the al-Qassam Brigades, said another female hostage who the woman was held with had been injured and that her life was endangered.

Israeli authorities believe there are around 60 living hostages remaining in Gaza – and the bodies of dozens of others who are believed to be dead.

The news came as Israel pressed ahead with its operations across Gaza on Saturday.

According to the territory’s Hamas-run health ministry, about 120 people were killed by Israeli airstrikes across the territory in the past 48 hours.

Israel launched a campaign to destroy Hamas in response to the group’s unprecedented attack on southern Israel on 7 October 2023, in which about 1,200 people were killed and 251 others were taken hostage.

Nearly 44,000 people have been killed and more than 104,000 injured in Gaza since then, according to the territory’s Hamas-run health ministry.

Read More

Previous Post

Caleb Downs returns a punt 79 YARDS to the house as Ohio State extends lead over Indiana

Next Post

Scott Bessent made billions on Wall Street with these big bets

Next Post
Scott Bessent made billions on Wall Street with these big bets

Scott Bessent made billions on Wall Street with these big bets

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin