• Login
Monday, February 16, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home International

China to loosen chip export ban to Europe following Netherlands row

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
November 1, 2025
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
China to loosen chip export ban to Europe following Netherlands row
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Beijing has said it will loosen a chip export ban it imposed after Dutch authorities took over Nexperia – a Chinese-owned chipmaker based in the Netherlands.

In September, the Netherlands used a Cold War era law to take over the company after citing “serious governance shortcomings” and to prevent the chips from becoming unavailable in an emergency.

In response, China said it would not re-export completed Nexperia chips to Europe which raised concern among carmakers. One association had described the move as “alarming”.

Around 70% of chips made in the Netherlands are sent to China to be completed and re-exported to other countries.

In a statement on Saturday, China said that it would “comprehensively consider the actual situation of enterprises and grant exemptions to exports that meet the criteria”. However, it has not specified what that could entail.

It also went on to criticise the Hague for what it called “improper interference in the internal affairs of enterprises” and blamed it for “the current disruption of global production and supply chains”.

The Dutch-controlled firm told customers it would stop sending chips back to China to be processed, according to a letter this week seen by the Reuters news agency.

Last month, the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) had warned Nexperia chip supplies would only last a few weeks unless the Chinese ban was lifted.

“Without these chips, European automotive suppliers cannot build the parts and components needed to supply vehicle manufacturers and this therefore threatens production stoppages,” the group said.

The latest plans by Beijing to relax its export controls have emerged after Donald Trump and Xi Jinping met in South Korea earlier this week.

Trump later said the leaders discussed chips, while Beijing’s post-meeting readout did not explicitly mention any area of trade.

The White House is expected to release a fact sheet later today detailing its new trade agreement with China. Reuters reports that it will also announce the resumption of Nexperia exports.

In December 2024, the US government placed Wingtech on its so-called “entity list”, identifying the company as a national security concern.

In the UK, Nexperia was forced to sell its silicon chip plant in Newport, after MPs and ministers expressed national security concerns. It currently owns a UK facility in Stockport.

Read More

Previous Post

World Series MVP? Big Papi Thinks Yamamoto Takes it if the Dodgers Win Game 7

Next Post

2 Nifty based ETFs from Mirae Asset MF are open for subscription. 7 things to know

Next Post
2 Nifty based ETFs from Mirae Asset MF are open for subscription. 7 things to know

2 Nifty based ETFs from Mirae Asset MF are open for subscription. 7 things to know

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin