• Login
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home International

Brazil Supreme Court evacuated after blasts in capital

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
November 14, 2024
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Brazil Supreme Court evacuated after blasts in capital
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Brazil’s Supreme Court has been evacuated and a man has been found dead after two explosions were heard outside the building on Wednesday evening.

The blasts hit the centre of Brazil’s capital – where the Supreme Court, parliament and presidential palace are all located.

A spokesperson for the federal police told the AFP news agency that a body had been discovered in front of the court. It is unclear how the man was connected with the blasts.

The country’s solicitor general, Jorge Messias, condemned what he said was a deliberate attack and vowed that a full investigation into the blasts would be launched.

“I strongly condemn the attacks against the Supreme court and the lower house,” he said in a statement posted to X.

“We must know the motivation behind the attacks, and to re-establish peace and safety as fast as possible.”

Images carried by news agencies showed the deceased man lying in an area outside the court, as officers cordoned off the area.

A police spokesperson told AFP that they could “confirm that there is a body in front of the Supreme Court”, but offered no further details.

Earlier, the Supreme Court said in a statement that the building had been evacuated as a “precautionary measure” after explosions were heard.

The court is located in the Plaza de los Tres Poderes, across the square from the presidential palace. Local media reported that President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva had left the area shortly before the blasts.

The explosions come as Brazil prepares to host a G20 summit next week in Rio De Janeiro.

Read More

Previous Post

Vikings rookie J.J. McCarthy had injection to alleviate knee swelling

Next Post

SEC encourages JCKD206A bondholders to exercise their rights

Next Post
SEC encourages JCKD206A bondholders to exercise their rights

SEC encourages JCKD206A bondholders to exercise their rights

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin