• Login
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home International

Woman who accused Conor McGregor of rape wins civil case

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
November 22, 2024
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Woman who accused Conor McGregor of rape wins civil case
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


A woman who accused Conor McGregor of raping her has won her claim against him for damages in a civil case.

A jury found that the Irish mixed martial arts fighter assaulted Nikita Hand in a Dublin hotel in December 2018.

He has been ordered to pay her more than €248,000 (£206,000) in damages.

The jury at the High Court in Dublin had been deliberating since Thursday afternoon before returning its verdict that McGregor did assault Ms Hand.

The woman had also taken a case against another man, James Lawrence, 35, of Rafter’s Road, Drimnagh in Dublin.

She alleged that Mr Lawrence assaulted her by having sex with her without her consent in the Beacon Hotel.

The jury found that he did not assault her.

Speaking outside the court on Friday afternoon, Ms Hand said she was “overwhelmed and touched” by the support she had received.

“I want to show [my daughter] Freya and every other young girl and boy that you can stand up for yourself if something happens to you, no matter who the person is, and that justice will be served.”

Offering a message to “all the victims of sexual assault”, she said her story was “a reminder that no matter how afraid you might be to speak up, you have a voice”.

Both men had denied the claims by the 35-year-old hair colourist and said they separately had consensual sex with Ms Hand at the hotel almost six years ago.

Before being sent out to consider their verdicts yesterday afternoon, the judge Mr Justice Alex Owens reminded the jury that the onus of proof was on the plaintiff.

He also explained that the standard of proof was on the balance of probabilities – more probable than not.

Read More

Previous Post

New York Giants release QB Daniel Jones at his request

Next Post

Assume your boss will see everything on your social media

Next Post
Assume your boss will see everything on your social media

Assume your boss will see everything on your social media

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin