• Login
Friday, February 20, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home International

Son of Norway’s princess arrested for rape

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
November 19, 2024
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Son of Norway’s princess arrested for rape
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


The son of Norway’s crown princess Mette-Marit, who is already facing charges of violence as part of an ongoing investigation, has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

Marius Borg Høiby, 27, is the stepson of the heir to the Norwegian throne, Crown Prince Haakon, but does not a have a royal title or official duties.

On Tuesday, Norwegian police said Mr Høiby had been charged with sexual intercourse with “someone who is unconscious or for other reasons is unable to resist the act”.

Mr Høiby, who has reportedly denied the rape allegation, is facing a number of charges for offences allegedly committed against four other victims.

In a statement, police said the rape “concerns [a] sexual act without intercourse” and that the victim was “said to have been unable to resist the act”.

According to local reports, the Norwegian palace has declined to comment on the latest arrest of Mr Høiby.

Mr Høiby was arrested by police at 23:12 CET on Monday in a car with a victim from a separate incident.

In relation to this separate incident, on 4 August, he faces charges of violence and criminal damage.

Police said on Tuesday that the charges had been expanded to include “maltreatment” in close relationships and “another violation” of a restraining order against the same victim.

They added that a report had been made for driving without a valid driver’s licence.

Mr Høiby’s residence at Skaugum, the official resident of the Crown Prince and his wife, has also been searched by police.

Mr Høiby has also previously been charged with abuse against ex-girlfriends Juliane Snekkestad and Nora Haukland, as well as with threatening a man.

Read More

Previous Post

How Broncos QB Bo Nix vaulted himself into Offensive Rookie of the Year race

Next Post

Xockets board member: Our case against Nvidia and Microsoft is about the future of American innovation

Next Post
Xockets board member: Our case against Nvidia and Microsoft is about the future of American innovation

Xockets board member: Our case against Nvidia and Microsoft is about the future of American innovation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin