• Login
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home Switzerland

French authorities carry out surprise searches at Nestlé Waters sites

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
May 21, 2026
in Switzerland
Reading Time: 10 mins read
0
French authorities carry out surprise searches at Nestlé Waters sites
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


French authorities raid two Nestlé Waters sites

French authorities raid two Nestlé Waters sites


Keystone-SDA

French authorities carried out unannounced inspections and searches on Tuesday at two sites operated by Nestlé Waters, a subsidiary of the Swiss-based food giant Nestlé.





Generated with artificial intelligence.


This content was published on


May 20, 2026 – 16:32

+ Get the most important news from Switzerland in your inbox

According to Radio France, the operation involved the Perrier plant in Vergèze and a laboratory in Vittel.

More

Nestlé water scandal: Report accuses state of "cover-up"

More

Nestlé water scandal: French state accused of cover-up




This content was published on


May 20, 2025



In the scandal surrounding the illegal treatment of mineral water in France, there was reportedly a cover-up of unauthorised practices by Swiss food giant Nestlé.



Read more: Nestlé water scandal: French state accused of cover-up


Radio France’s investigative team also said that around 40 officials from the fraud authorities were involved. The operations – again according to Radio France – are part of an investigation by the Paris public prosecutor, launched after a complaint alleging fraud, filed by the NGO Foodwatch.

+ Nestlé Waters scandal: Élysée Palace ‘knew of misconduct’

Contacted by Radio France’s investigative team, Nestlé Waters confirmed that “unannounced inspections are currently under way at two Nestlé Waters sites in France”. “We continue to cooperate fully with the relevant authorities,” the group added.

More

Nestlé Waters defends its mineral waters, calls for clarification

More

Nestlé defends its mineral water after scandal




This content was published on


Feb 7, 2025



All our waters today are pure at source,” Muriel Lienau, general manager of Nestlé Waters, told AFP after press revelations.



Read more: Nestlé defends its mineral water after scandal


The Paris public prosecutor’s office has not yet made any official statement regarding the searches.

Nestlé’s subsidiary has been under pressure for some time. In 2024, the group admitted it had previously used prohibited treatment methods for its water.

Translated from Italian by AI/sp

We select the most relevant news for an international audience and use automatic translation tools to translate them into English. A journalist then reviews the translation for clarity and accuracy before publication.  

Providing you with automatically translated news gives us the time to write more in-depth articles. The news stories we select have been written and carefully fact-checked by an external editorial team from news agencies such as Bloomberg or Keystone.

If you have any questions about how we work, write to us at english@swissinfo.ch

Articles in this story

Read More

Previous Post

Former IDPs return home to Azerbaijan’s Shukurbeyli

Next Post

Brendan Sorsby Faces Long Odds In Fight Against Permanent NCAA Gambling Ban

Next Post
Brendan Sorsby Faces Long Odds In Fight Against Permanent NCAA Gambling Ban

Brendan Sorsby Faces Long Odds In Fight Against Permanent NCAA Gambling Ban

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin