• Login
Monday, February 16, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home Switzerland

Geneva to Host New Round of US–Iran Nuclear Negotiations

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
February 15, 2026
in Switzerland
Reading Time: 10 mins read
0
Geneva to Host New Round of US–Iran Nuclear Negotiations
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Negotiations between Iran and the United States in Geneva

Negotiations between Iran and the United States in Geneva


Keystone-SDA

The Gulf state of Oman will host talks between the United States and Iran in Geneva next week. Switzerland’s foreign ministry has confirmed the information to the Keystone-SDA news agency, following an earlier report by Reuters.





Generated with artificial intelligence.


This content was published on


February 15, 2026 – 10:46

+ Get the most important news from Switzerland in your inbox

“The foreign ministry remains in contact with all sides and has reiterated its readiness to support any diplomatic effort aimed at promoting de-escalation,” Nicolas Bideau, the ministry’s head of communications, told Keystone‑SDA.

More

The police is blocking access to the Intercontinental Hotel in Geneva during a round of nuclear talks between the United States and Iran in 2015.

More


International Geneva

Without the US, nuclear talks between Iran and Europe make fragile progress




This content was published on


Jan 16, 2025



European diplomats met earlier this week near Geneva. Iran’s nuclear programme was on the agenda.



Read more: Without the US, nuclear talks between Iran and Europe make fragile progress


Bideau added that “Switzerland welcomes and supports these talks.”

Iran is prepared to consider compromises with the United States in a bid to reach a deal on its nuclear programme, Takht-Ravanchi, Iran’s deputy foreign minister, told the BBC on Sunday. But Washington must also be ready to discuss lifting sanctions on Iran, the senior diplomat said.

Illustration Helvetia with a dove

More


Foreign Affairs

Need a diplomatic messenger? Switzerland is eager to help



Swiss diplomacy has a long-standing tradition of trying to talk to all sides “to build trust”. 



Read more: Need a diplomatic messenger? Switzerland is eager to help


US diplomats have accused Iran of having little real interest in negotiating, but Takht‑Ravanchi insists the ball is now in Washington’s court. “If they are sincere, I’m confident we will be on the path to an agreement,” the deputy foreign minister said.

+ Escalation of violence in Iran becomes test of character for SwitzerlandExternal link

A major wave of protests against the Iranian government was violently suppressed in early January, with human rights groups reporting that thousands of demonstrators were killed.

Translated from French by AI/sp

We select the most relevant news for an international audience and use automatic translation tools to translate them into English. A journalist then reviews the translation for clarity and accuracy before publication.  

Providing you with automatically translated news gives us the time to write more in-depth articles. The news stories we select have been written and carefully fact-checked by an external editorial team from news agencies such as Bloomberg or Keystone.

If you have any questions about how we work, write to us at english@swissinfo.ch

Articles in this story

Read More

Previous Post

Peace Can Only Be Built On Clear Security Guarantees

Next Post

Russian 'pick-up artist' accused of secretly filming women in Ghana

Next Post
Russian 'pick-up artist' accused of secretly filming women in Ghana

Russian 'pick-up artist' accused of secretly filming women in Ghana

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin