• Login
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Geneva Times
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil
No Result
View All Result
Geneva Times
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
Home Europe

Spanish singer Julio Iglesias says abuse allegations ‘absolutely false’

GenevaTimes by GenevaTimes
January 18, 2026
in Europe
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Spanish singer Julio Iglesias says abuse allegations ‘absolutely false’
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter



Spain’s veteran singer and cultural icon Julio Iglesias on Friday rejected allegations of abuse lodged against him by two women ex-employees, in a case that has dominated headlines.

“I deny having abused, coerced, or disrespected any woman. These accusations are absolutely false and deeply sadden me,” the 82-year-old wrote on his Instagram account.

Iglesias, one of the most successful Latin artists of all time, is a Grammy winner with more than 300 million records sold in a career spanning decades.

Advertisement

Two women — a domestic worker and a physiotherapist — alleged they suffered sexual and other forms of abuse while working at Iglesias’s properties in the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas in 2021.

Advocacy groups Women’s Link Worldwide and Amnesty International said a complaint filed with Spanish prosecutors on January 5 outlined alleged acts that could be considered “a crime of human trafficking for the purpose of forced labour” and “crimes against sexual freedom”.

Iglesias subjected them to “sexual harassment, regularly checked their mobile phones, restricted their ability to leave the home where they worked, and required them to work up to 16 hours a day without days off”, according to testimony collected by the two groups.

In the message posted on Instagram, Iglesias wrote: “It is with profound sadness that I respond to the accusations made by two people who previously worked for me.”

“I have never felt such malice, but I still have the strength to let people know the whole truth and to defend my dignity against such a serious accusation,” he said, thanking the “so many dear people” who have sent him messages of support.

The allegations against the beloved crooner have sparked strong reactions in Spain, with members of the leftist government backing the complainants and demanding that an investigation establishes the truth.

The head of the conservative opposition Popular Party, Alberto Núnez Feijóo, who is friends with Iglesias, told Telecinco television on Wednesday he was “very, very, very surprised” but urged against “speculating”.

Iglesias’s former manager Fernán Martínez told Telecinco that he was “very affectionate” and enjoyed “physical contact” but stressed he never saw the music icon “behave aggressively”.

Read More

Previous Post

Trump Wants Nations to Pay $1 Billion to Stay on Peace Board

Next Post

«Bei Katastrophen stehen Opfer oft als Bittsteller da»

Next Post
«Bei Katastrophen stehen Opfer oft als Bittsteller da»

«Bei Katastrophen stehen Opfer oft als Bittsteller da»

ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube LinkedIn

Explore the Geneva Times

  • About us
  • Contact us

Contact us:

editor@thegenevatimes.ch

Visit us

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Editorial
  • Switzerland
  • Europe
  • International
  • UN
  • Business
  • Sports
  • More
    • Article
    • Tamil

© 2023 -2024 Geneva Times| Desgined & Developed by Immanuel Kolwin